I'm a software engineer based in Montréal, Canada. With 10 years of hands-on experience with desktop development, web development, systems and server administration (Linux), I'm deep in the software industry and have faced all kinds of challenges.
I've worked with many companies from all over the world, in person and online, to provide assistance in development, organization of software process and software planning (conceptualization, architecture and scalability).
I'm passionate about quality of code, code that remains maintainable, readable, performant and scalable even after years of active development. I firmly believe that this is a decisive factor for the success of a company if its core business relies on software. Good, reliable code lowers costs in many ways:
- Adding new features does not become a game of untangling spaghetti code;
- Fixing bugs does not create new bugs;
- New developers will touch the ground running, saving days or weeks of head-scratching;
- Quality checks for every commit will guarantee the existing codebase will not rot;
- The next deploy will be so smooth your client will think it happens by magic.
The software industry is ever-evolving, with new technologies being released every day. To keep up with its pace, developers have to be avid students for life and really passionate about what they do. That is exactly how I am.
I have a meticulous eye for details. When looking for solutions to a problem, I try to be as thorough as possible: attack the problem from every possible angle, covering all grounds.