I'm a software engineer based in Montréal, Canada. With more than 10 years of hands-on experience with desktop development, web development, systems and server administration (Linux), I'm deep in the software industry and have faced all kinds of challenges.
I've worked with many companies from all over the world, in person and online, to provide assistance in development, organization of software process and software planning (conceptualization, architecture and scalability).
I'm passionate about quality of code, code that remains maintainable, readable, performant and scalable even after years of active development. I firmly believe that this is a decisive factor for the success of a company if its core business is software. Good, reliable code lowers costs in many ways:
- Adding new features does not become a task of untangling spaghetti code;
- Fixing bugs does not create new bugs;
- New developers will catch up faster, saving days or weeks of head-scratching;
- Quality checks for every commit will guarantee the existing codebase will not rot;
- Deploys will be so smooth they will look like magic.
The software industry is constantly evolving, with new technologies being released every day. To keep up with its pace, engineers have to be avid students for life and really passionate about what they do. That is exactly how I am.
I have a meticulous eye for details. When looking for solutions to a problem, I try to be as thorough as possible: attack the problem from every possible angle, covering all grounds.